2023 DAV/DAVA Department Convention
May 5th-7th, 2023 the State Convention will be held in Mandan, ND. It will be at the Baymont by Wyndam located at 2611 Old Red Trail Mandan, ND 58554. To make a room reservation call 701-663-7401, the room rate for the convention block is $110.PDF Embedder requires a url attribute 2023-DAV.DAVA-State-Convention-Draft
Veterans’ Assistance Fund
The DAV, Department of North Dakota is proud to announce the beginning of a brand new program called the Veterans’ Assistance Fund. It is a one-time grant of $500 to help a veteran in need. Here is how eligibility works:
Funds will be expended by the Disabled American Veterans, Department of North Dakota for the benefit of eligible persons in accordance with the following priority groups:
- DAV members in good standing
- DAV Auxiliary members.
- Non-Auxiliary Spouses/widows/dependent children of DAV members in good standing or deceased DAV members.
- Non-member veterans who have been rated by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with service-connected disabilities.
- Spouses/widows /dependent children of non-member veterans with service-connected disabilities.
- Veterans receiving VA live pension benefits.
- Widows receiving VA death pension benefits.
- Other veterans/spouses/widows/dependent children with financial need.
Recipients must reside in the State of North Dakota, or be assigned to a DAV chapter in the State of North Dakota.
Veterans are defined as individuals who have:
- Served a minimum of 180 consecutive days of active federal service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or the period called to active duty, other than for training purposes.
- Been discharged from a branch of the U.S. Armed Forces with character of service determined as honorable or under honorable conditions.
If approved by majority vote of the Finance Committee, funds may be disbursed for the following purposes, not listed in priority:
- Rent for primary residence
- Utilities for primary residence
- Transportation to out of state medical appointments
- Vocational training
- Medical equipment
- Supplement the grant program(s) administered by the North Dakota Department of Veterans Affairs
- Tools and equipment necessary to pursue livelihood
- Other needs determined appropriate by the Finance Committee
Individuals will not be granted assistance more than one time. The maximum amount of money that may be dispersed on behalf of any individual is $250.00.
Cases will be closed after disbursement of funds for the requested purpose. Approval does not establish a line of credit. Funds will be disbursed directly to vendors, not individual applicants.
Applicants will be considered for assistance based on the following criteria:
- Need for the service/benefit requested
- Direct benefit to the applicant
Monies from the Veterans Aid Fund shall not be used for the following purposes:
- Routine department expenses
- Political donations /activities
- Assistance for transient veterans
- Other uses deemed inappropriate by the Finance Committee
To Apply: See the Veterans’ Assistance Page on this website!